Wednesday, August 4, 2010

the first time we lived in crispy




( I think this was Oct. 2009)

I don't think I ever shared these pictures on blog...and I was just thinking about this trip so I thought I would share.
The last time we lived in Corpus Crispy our friends invited us to go out on a guided fishing trip with them. You pay a small fee and get all the bait, poles, and entertainment you can stand. Now seeing as I have never been out on a boat that wasn't in freshwater...I had no idea that I might have an issue with being out on rougher water.
Uhhhhh I did.
I was okay for about 30 minutes until we got out towards the jetty. I started feeling a little funny, but was still excited to see what all we would catch. Our captain was entertaining and we had fun chatting with our friends....until.....I ran to the side and puked my insides overboard, repeatedly.
Gross.
Much to my dismay...this was a four hour trip, so I continued to puke for the next three and a half hours. I didn't feel too embarrassed because my friend got sick with me and was doing the same thing. We huddled together and kept our eyes closed as to avoid the swaying motion while the husbands continued to fish and fish. They would take breaks to pat our backs and check on us, but really there was nothing they could do.
(Lucky lucky them!)
The fish in the above pictures is a Red Fish. Eric didn't actually catch it himself, someone else caught it but didn't want it so we used one of our tags on it. We brought that baby home, and cooked it. It was a little tough because it was an older fish, but it was still fun to eat something that was caught fresh, (and that didn't look like Bambi).
Hopefully one day we can head back out and try our luck again....but I will def. be ready to fight back at the sea with plenty of medication and a large puke bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment