Monday, May 3, 2010

Rain rain.

I had an interesting trip to the store today. Hint number one. Don't wear white capris on a rainy day.

So after making a quick shopping trip this morning, I thought I was sooo lucky not to get rained on at the store. However, on the drive home it started to rain...heavy. So, being the constantly hungry pregnant beast that I have become, I decide I HAVE to make it into the apartment with my groceries because I absolutely have to start making pesto pizza for my mid morning snack. At that point I didn't care how wet I got, all I could think about was foooooood. So, I decide to make a run for it. (Which isn't really a run for me...it's just moving a little quicker.) I open the trunk, grab the sack with the Naan bread (which is what I use for my pizza crust)...eehhh better grab the milk too...and start my trek the house. Halfway through the parking lot I realize I am wear white capris...and well....they are becoming see through....due to the heavy rain. Oh well...right? I shrug it off. I can practically smell the pizza cooking in my oven....oregano...freshly sliced tomato....yum. Halfway up the stairs....the sack with the milk decides to rip and much to my dismay, I turn around just in time to watch my gallon of milk roll, clump, clump, down the stairs. I make a quick, but necessary, decision....and might I add, at this point, I a little peeved. I decide to leave the milk and come back for it....just in case the neighbors came out and got a glimpse of me in all my see through glory. Sigh. The important thing is...I made my pizza (and one for E too)and my craving was satisfied. ahh. It was def. worth it.

Ever have a day like that?

2 comments:

  1. I would've loved to help you with your groceries. Actually I probably would've sat in the car and laughed while watching you get soaked. Maybe. I guess we will never know!
    Anyway, I love you so much. Thanks for always being a call away. Miss yall. Tell Reagan her random Aunt Viv says hi :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so hilarious!!

    ReplyDelete