Friday, June 11, 2010

B I N G O

Well, we did it.

We went to our first BINGO Hall with our old neighbors. They had been before, but not in this town. I am glad they were with us because they coached us on board placement, and introduced us to predotting the "free spaces" in order to keep up with multiple boards in the amazingly fast paced world that is BINGO.

This was not your average game of Easter BINGO...this was real, heavy duty BINGO with the professionals. The caller was quick and didn't waste time, and nobody really talked during each game. We are talking electronic game boards, "lucky" charms, food, books and books of boards, BINGO seat cushions, and dotter carriers.

Boy, were we in for it.

I can now say if I were rich enough, I would be there every week. I found the whole experience exciting and the time flew by as we played seven games with some pretty intense people. I am talking about the hard core BINGO crowd that exists in every community. I couldn't stop watching some of these people in between games...they were in their BINGO zone. No "HI how ya doing", no "...is this your first time"? You just had to melt into the crowd and pretend you were an experienced BINGOER.

I think my favorite part was when you heard someone yell BINGO and everyone else sighed in unison and grumbled to themselves, as they tore off another game board in their book. Ha ha, the first time I heard it, I giggled. I did, it's the truth. The second time I found myself sighing along with the best of them....haha. So weird, but true.

I share this becuase if you have never visited a BINGO hall, I think you should go at least once (before dark falls and in a group please).

Although Eric and I didn't win, we both got incredibly close....so close I could already taste my sweet victory. Sigh.

Until next time BINGO, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment